L201 Aluminum Channel for Discrete Lighting
Aluminum Channel is a versatile lighting solution for a variety of discrete lighting applications. Its slim and low profile design allows for recessed installation, making it an ideal choice for areas where low to medium output lighting is desired.
Here are some common applications for L201 Aluminum Channel:
1. Narrow Recessed Lighting: The slim and low profile of L201 makes it a perfect solution for use with narrow recessed lighting in ceilings and walls.
2. Corner Lighting: The unique shape of L201 makes it perfect for use in corners, where other lighting solutions might not fit as well.
3. Drywall Mount: L201 is designed to be flush-mounted in drywall, making it an inconspicuous lighting solution that blends seamlessly into the surrounding space.
To install L201 Aluminum Channel, follow these simple steps:
1. Cut a slot for the Aluminum Housing using a drywall knife.
2. Screw the housing through the integrated plaster-bead and secure it to the drywall using a flat-head drywall screw.
3. Apply a single layer of contractors tape over the light opening.
4. Apply drywall tape over integrated plaster-bead.
5. Apply plaster, smooth with compound knife.
6. Sand down to get smooth finish and paint.
To cut your L201 Aluminum Channel to a custom length, follow these steps:
1. Snap the cover onto the profile.
2. Place the channel onto a miter saw with the cover facing down.
3. Cut both the channel and cover to your desired length at the same time using a NEW fine tooth blade.
4. Lower the saw blade slowly while cutting to avoid breaking the diffuser/cover.
For even, dot-free lighting in L201 Aluminum Channel, choose from the following DOTLESS LED strips:
1. 12V DOTLESS White LED Strip (Most Popular!)
2. 24V DOTLESS White LED Strip
With its discrete design and versatile applications, L201 Aluminum Channel is a great choice for illuminating and accenting areas inconspicuously.